MLW Nutrition Corporate Statement - Truth in Nutrition™
MLW Nutrition™ (Muscle Building, Life Extension and Wellness Products) recognized the need for the creation of unique natural and pure Whey Protein Isolate (WPI) supplements (powder and ready to drink) formulated for all athletes including but not limited to Body Builders, Power Lifters, Cross Fit Trainers, Yoga Enthusiasts, Football Players, Baseball, Soccer, Basketball, Runners, Bicyclists, etc. and for those individuals that wish to extend, maintain or build a high quality of life through better nutrition and lifestyle.
What is Truth in Nutrition™?
Just that; truth with regard to credible product development and the contents of the product that we are offering to our customers; backed by verified and industry accepted standards e.g. 3rd party lab verification. In the MLW Nutrition™ product offerings (ESP™) we do use only pure, NON-GMO 100% Whey Protein Isolate (certifications EU, USDA, Grade A) with NON-GMO Sunflower Lecithin, and WE DO NOT USE: Harsh Chemicals, Spiking techniques (addition of cheap chemically produced Amino Acids or other products to boost the protein level) or the addition of less expensive proteins such as Soy, or additives to boost the protein level. ESP™ Unflavored, Vanilla and Chocolate flavored Whey Protein Isolate product offerings make use of all natural NON-GMO ingredients. Succinctly, you are getting what is stated on the MLW Nutrition Label; verified by analysis.
Why use MLW Nutrition’s ESP™ Whey Protein Isolate (WPI) products in the first place?
Simplistically because the human body does not store protein, large amounts are required to build, maintain and repair skeletal muscle tissue as well as support endurance. Dietary protein is also used to make enzymes, hormones, and is an important building block of bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and blood. Side effects from a protein deficient diet include but are not limited to muscle loss, fatigue, low sex drive, depression, uneasiness, and anemia.
Lastly as we age a naturally occurring phenomenon takes place; Sarcopenia. Sarcopenic muscle loss is characterized by a 3–8% reduction in skeletal muscle mass per decade after the age of 30 years and a 0.5–1% loss in strength and muscle each year after the age of 50! The end result without proper nutrition and exercise is muscle atrophy (muscle shrinkage usually accompanied by sagging skin), loss of strength and energy, resulting in diminished muscle function and quality of life.
To prevent Sarcopenic muscle loss, clinicians are now stressing the importance of regular exercise and ingesting a sufficient amount of protein each day to maximize muscle protein synthesis.
What is so unique about MLW Nutrition’s ESP™ Whey Protein Isolate (WPI) powder and Ready to Drink (RTD) products?
1. Product Development: MLW Nutritional products have been developed not by enthusiasts, but by research scientists at the prestigious University of Wisconsin’s Center for Dairy Research.
2. MLW Nutrition uses NON-GMO Ingredients: MLW Nutrition™ uses all NON-GMO ingredients including natural sweeteners, flavorings, and Whey Protein Isolate (WPI) in all of its products. Many companies selling protein products do use artificial sweeteners, artificial colorants, fragrances and artificial flavors; largely in part to mask the bad smell and taste of not so fresh protein.
3. Superior Type of Protein: MLW’s ESP™ Whey Protein Isolate (WPI) as compared to other products are richer in the essential, conditionally essential and dispensable amino acids. Additionally MLW’s Whey Protein Isolate has been documented by numerous NIH studies to be highly bioavailable, one of the most rapidly absorbed and most effective proteins in maintaining, and building skeletal muscle tissue, strength and endurance. Buyer Beware: Many companies print on their Label “100% Whey Protein Isolate” when in fact they mix in cheap, inferior proteins.
4. Diabetes: Recent studies also indicate that Whey Protein Isolate (WPI) can also be beneficial for diabetics, due to its ability to reduce the blood sugar spikes that normally occur after meals.
Daniela Jakubowicz, Oren Froy, Bo Ahrén, Mona Boaz, Zohar Landau, Yosefa Bar-Dayan, Tali Ganz, Maayan Barnea, Julio Wainstein. Incretin, insulinotropic and glucose-lowering effects of whey protein pre-load in type 2 diabetes: a randomised clinical trial. Diabetologia, 2014; 57 (9): 1807 DOI: 10.1007/s00125-014-3305-x
5. Verified Product Analysis: MLW has a certified independent 3rd party lab test each product to insure that you are getting the stated amount of protein, and that you are not getting any heavy metals or pathogens in your protein drink or powder.
6. Not all proteins are manufactured equally: MLW Nutrition™ from its inception made the commitment to take the “high road” and as a result uses only the best quality, fresh, cold processed, Micro filtered Whey Protein Isolate (WPI) that is rich in the Essential, Conditionally Essential and Dispensable Amino acids.
7. MLW Whey Protein Isolate products are fresher and nutritionally superior: Once the USDA certified milk (Grade A Standard) is received it is immediately converted into cheese within a 4-6 hour timeframe. At this point the Whey is split using a Cold Microfiltration process that concentrates it into a high protein content (87-89%), 0 fat, 0 Carbohydrate product (within 4-6 hours). It is this fast converting time, the fact that we do not use harsh chemicals that makes MLW Nutrition’s LLC Whey Protein Isolate products one of the highest quality Whey Protein Isolates (WPI) in the world! This rapid processing also results in a very pleasant tasting and smelling Whey Protein Isolate (WPI) powder product along with resultant nutritional superiority!
8. What Protein not to buy: There are a plethora of nutritionally inferior Whey Protein products on the market that do not use cold processing, and have a long period of time between the cheese making process and the time that the Whey is processed. This Protein many times, due to bacteria buildup, requires additional high temperature pasteurization processes that not only compromises the quality of the Whey Protein but results in an objectionable, bad smelling and tasting product!
9. MLW does not use Harsh Chemicals, but others do: The cold microfiltration process that MLW utilizes does not require the use harsh chemicals to process the Whey Protein Isolate. However many high profile companies do use harsh chemicals, and some of these are: ammonium sulfate, polyethylene glycol (PEG), antibodies, polyacrylamides, sodium phosphate and others.
10. MLW Nutrition™ products are: Zero Carb, Low or Zero Fat, Gluten Free, Very Low Lactose, NON-GMO
11. Certifications: EU compliant, USDA, GMP, NON-GMO